What is Pregnancy Massage?
Pregnancy massage is specifically tailored for you and your baby. It differs from regular a massage as you will be lying on your side and will be well supported with pillows to create the most comfortable massage experience. Before your massage, our therapist will discuss everything with you, any medical issues you may have, including those related to your pregnancy. She will then suggest an appropriate massage care plan for you. The massage techniques that are used are gentle and not as deep as a regular deep tissue massage.
Massage in pregnancy is generally suitable for all pregnant women who are in their second and third trimester and are experiencing a normal pregnancy. However, here at the Chichester Chiropractic Health Centre, we are able to offer massage from the first trimester. Our massage therapist Carla has completed a course in Specialised Pregnancy Massage; this now allows her to massage pregnant women from the first trimester and throughout the pregnancy.
Pregnancy massage will generally cover your back, arms and legs but it can also be tailored to other problem areas. Your massage therapist can treat the whole body including your back, neck, shoulders, hips, glutes, stomach, arms, hands, legs, feet, scalp and face, with particular focus on any discomforts that you might have during your pregnancy. This can be discussed with our Therapist, as there are some areas of the body that unfortunately have to be avoided during pregnancy.
Our 75-minute Pregnancy Massage package also has the added benefit of a 20 minute reflexology treatment following the massage itself. This is a wonderfully relaxing addition and a great way to finish your massage experience.
What Are The Benefits of a Pregnancy Massage?
A massage during pregnancy can help with the following:
- Reducing stress and increasing a sense of well-being
- Helping to ease pain in the muscles and joints which can be under increased pressure as your pregnancy progresses
- Can reduce the effects of insomnia and fatigue that come with the increased demand on the body during your pregnancy
- Increase blood flow and lymph circulation around the body which can help to reduce swelling
- Helping to transport more oxygen and nutrients to the cells in your body which in turn will help to provide the baby with better nourishment and oxygen supply
- Providing much needed time out to simply relax and recharge!
Please allow 90 minutes for your pregnancy massage appointment.
75-minute Pregnancy Massage - £68 - Book Online
Not sure whether Pregnancy Massage can help you?
If you’re unsure whether Pregnancy Massage is the right option for you, then please come in for a free 20 minute consultation where we can discuss the reason for your visit, do a quick check of the body and explain how we may be able to help. To book this free consultation please contact the clinic on 01243 913923, or click here to make an appointment online.