Neck pain is a very common occurrence, with nearly two-thirds of the UK population experiencing symptoms at some point during their life. The pain is located in the neck but can radiate into the head, shoulders or arms. Although the symptoms may be experienced in the neck, they can be due to problems in other parts of your spine.
There are many different causes of neck pain, these can include;
- Muscle Tightness: can be in the neck, upper back or lower back
- Nerves Pinching: in the neck causing pain and sometimes radiation into the arms
- Fixation: the joints can become fixated causing pain or discomfort in the neck
- Stress: excessive stress can cause tight muscles
- Trauma: such as whiplash
- Disc Herniation: bulging or prolapsed disc pressing on the nerve
- Poor Posture: from working at a desk or long periods in awkward positions
- Overuse: causing a muscular strain
- Neck Pain
- Neck Stiffness
- Shoulder Pain
- Arm Pain / Numbness (pins & needles)
The type of treatment suitable for neck pain primarily depends on the cause of the symptoms. Every day people visit Chiropractors with neck pain and evidence shows that Chiropractic is effective at treating chronic neck pain.
Chiropractic care can include;
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Posture Correction
- Stretching and Strengthening Exercises
- Works Station Analysis (computer desk set up)
Not sure whether Chiropractic is the right option for you?
If you’re unsure whether Chiropractic treatment is the right option for you, then please come in for a free 20-minute consultation where we can discuss the reason for your visit, do a quick spine check and explain how we may be able to help. To book this free consultation please contact the clinic on 01243 913923, or click below to make an appointment online.